League of Perpetual Novice Racers | LoPeN
Reports by Lou Magyar.
This league is for racers who may not feel comfortable anywhere else. Be prepared to laugh out loud.
- Its for the Slow, the Backmarkers, the Downtrodden, the Beginner... anyone who likes GPL but can only find the time to practice just before a race
(note: not everyone is slow - but don't be discouraged - FUN is the agenda, not winning a race)
- Its for those who want to bring the FUN back to SIM Racing!
- Its completely recreational!
- No points will ever be awarded.
- Have a reset ([shift]-R) button programmed on your wheel!!! Reset and keep going
If you like racing with friends and having a good time... If you are looking for somewhere to have FUN again with GPL.. If you want somewhere to race closely without worrying about a wreck... LoPeN is for you.
Overly serious racers need not apply.
- We run GPL heat races on Thursday night beginning at 7:30 Eastern (GMT-4 or GMT-5 depending on time of year)
- We mostly run the GPL 1967 Formula 2 mod in either Advanced or Basic trainer cars, but have raced the full F2 cars.
- We have run CanAm71 races in both Advanced and Basic trainer cars.
- We use iGOR to connect to the race server. Direct connect is also an option.
- We have a LoPeN iGOR IRC chat room set up... sometimes it is passworded.
- We like to chat on TeamSpeak2 - use is encouraged, but not required, it just adds another level to the fun!
LoPeN DOES NOT provide race results or driver standings. We are about the fun of competition, not scoring points or being first across the Finish Line.
Seasons & champions won by
Click here for full league stats
All the GPL things
GPL 2004 DEMO
The core. Try this, and if you like it continue with these below:
GPL launcher for the mods and an improved application for hosting and joining race servers.
For iGOR racelist: Browse to
\Program Files\GPLSecrets\iGOR and edit the iGOR.ini file.
Change the old IP = gplrank.info to:
[ RaceListServers ]
IP = blw.net
For online racing. Lists race servers, and containing the chat rooms.
Nigel's new rasterizers
You might need it to run GPL flawlessly.
60fps v2 patch
This patch optimize GPL frame rate to newer (non CRT) screens.
Lee's Weather patch
Adds fog and changes grip - now changing!
Lee's Pitstop patch
An option for refuelling in the pits.
Lee's No Letterbox patch
This patch removes the black bars from the player cockpit view and the upper black bar from the replay view and eliminates the normal "Letterbox" effect.
Lee's Bobblehead Patch–Head Movement 77Ex patch
This patch dynamically adjusts the drivers' heads to simulate how real world drivers' heads rotate as they drive along the track.
Olaf's Pitstop patch
A step between Intermediate and Professional mode – dirt, tire wear, repair.
For online racing. Enables to view more cars ahead and behind during online races. Default is 4+1.
Displays sector times, track positions, tire temps, etc.
GPL Replay Analyser
Telemetry, and race reporter.
Click here for the latest beta. (No F2 and CanAm support to date.)
Cars from season 1955.
Cars from season 1965.
Cars from season 1966.
1967 Sportscar MOD
Cars from GT season 1967.
1967 Formula 2 MOD
Cars from Formula 2 season 1967.
Cars from season 1969. Choose 1969Xtra version! Click here for download mirror.
1971 CanAm MOD
Cars from CanAm season 1971.
Semi-fictional CART/1972 cars. Click here for download mirror.
Tasman carset for 1965 and 1969 MOD
Cars from Tasmas Series 1964-1968.
Provides 500+ tracks to download and drive from the history of auto racing.
A graphic option for fog (and fake night).
Martin's rpy dump utility (beta)
Reporter for all mods.
Sim Racing Mirror Zone
All the updates, news and discussions about Grand Prix Legends.
Compare your lap times to benchmarks, world records or selected driver on any tracks.
GPL group on Facebook
GPL group on Steam
Even more links at…
The complete list of GPL related websites.